CAT preparation can get overwhelming. But, with the right kind of mentoring and resources, passing the exam won’t be a distant goal. The CAT mock test works as a great CAT preparation tool. Including them in your CAT preparation routine will help you enhance your performance. This leads us to the next obvious question, where to find good CAT mock tests?
CAT Exam Pattern: Overview
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer-based test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for admission to their MBA programs. It is one of the most competitive exams in India, with over 2 lakh candidates appearing for it every year.
CAT exam consists of three sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA) – This section tests the candidate’s ability to solve mathematical problems. It includes questions on number properties, algebra, geometry, and data interpretation.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) – This section tests the candidate’s ability to read and understand English text. It includes questions on vocabulary, grammar, reading comprehension, and logical reasoning.
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) – This section tests the candidate’s ability to interpret data and solve logical puzzles. It includes questions on data sufficiency, data analysis, and logical reasoning.
The CAT exam pattern is quite distinct. The CAT exam is a 2-hour exam, with 66 questions in total. The QA section has 22 questions, the DILR section has 20 questions and the VARC section has 24 questions. The questions are multiple-choice and Type In Your Answer Type. The MCQs have 4 answer choices per question and TITA types have space to type the answer. The exam includes a sectional time limit.
CAT Mock Test: Benefits
CAT mock tests are a great way for CAT aspirants to assess their preparation level, identify areas of weakness, and develop strategies to improve their scores. Here are some of the benefits of taking CAT mock tests:
They help you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
By taking a mock test, you can get a clear idea of which areas of the CAT you are strong in and which areas need improvement. This information can be very helpful in creating a focused study plan.
They give you a feel for the actual CAT exam.
The CAT is a very demanding exam, and it can be helpful to experience the pressure of taking a timed, high-stakes test before the actual day. Mock tests can help you get used to the CAT exam pattern and time constraints, and they can also help you develop strategies for managing your time effectively.
They help you develop test-taking strategies.
The CAT is a very competitive exam, and it is important to develop strategies for maximizing your score. Mock tests can help you identify the most efficient way to answer questions, and they can also help you develop a mental game plan for staying focused and motivated throughout the exam.
They aid in tracking your progress.
Regularly attempting the CAT mock test and analysing them can gradually help you track your progress. It can help you stay on track and motivated throughout the journey.
Provides insights into your performance and helps build realistic result expectations.
When you attempt CAT mock tests, the results can give you a picture of your potential. Therefore, you can set realistic expectations for yourself and not feel disheartened by trying to fulfil unrealistic goals.
CAT mock tests are an essential part of any CAT preparation plan. They can help you assess your strengths and weaknesses, develop strategies to improve your scores and track your progress over time. If you are serious about getting a good score on the CAT, then it is highly recommended to take several mock tests before the actual exam.
How to make the best use of CAT Mock Tests?
- Take as many mock tests as possible to familiarize yourself with the CAT format and question types.
- Analyze your performance after each mock test to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Practice solving questions from your weak areas.
- Develop time management strategies to complete the CAT within the time limit.
- Review your answers and explanations carefully to learn from your mistakes.
- Use mock tests to track your progress and identify areas where you need to improve.
- Stay motivated and focused during mock tests.
- Simulate the actual CAT exam environment as much as possible.
- Use the mock tests to identify the best approach to different question types.
- Make sure you understand the marking scheme for the CAT.
CAT mock tests are an essential part of the Common Admission Test (CAT) preparation. They help candidates familiarize themselves with the CAT format, question types, and time constraints. CAT mock tests also provide an opportunity to assess strengths and weaknesses, identify areas for improvement, and develop test-taking strategies.
Here are some of the benefits of taking CAT mock tests:
- Improved time management: CAT mock tests help candidates learn how to manage their time effectively during the actual exam. This is especially important for the Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) section, which is known for its time-consuming questions.
- Enhanced problem-solving skills: CAT mock tests provide practice with a variety of question types, including verbal ability, data interpretation, and logical reasoning. This exposure helps candidates develop their problem-solving skills and learn how to approach different types of questions.
- Identification of strengths and weaknesses: CAT mock tests allow candidates to identify areas where they are strong and weak. This information can be used to focus study efforts on specific areas.
- Development of test-taking strategies: CAT mock tests provide an opportunity to experiment with different test-taking strategies. This can help candidates find a strategy that works best for them and improve their overall performance.
Candidates should take CAT mock tests regularly throughout their preparation. The ideal frequency is once a week, but candidates can adjust this based on their individual needs and schedule. It is important to analyze each mock test carefully to identify areas for improvement. This analysis should include reviewing incorrect answers, identifying areas where time was mismanaged, and developing strategies for improvement.
By taking CAT mock tests regularly and analyzing their performance carefully, candidates can significantly improve their chances of success in the CAT exam.
CAT’23 National Test Series by Hitbullseye
Finding a good CAT mock test series is not easy. But, don’t worry, Hitbullseye got you covered. Hitbullseye knows the right recipe to ace the CAT exam. They are not just the best with their CAT preparation programmes but also offer an amazing pool of CAT mock tests through their CAT ’23 National Test Series. The test series has helped hundreds of students to achieve their dreams.
The CAT’23 National Test Series offers:
- More than 130 full-length tests, including CAT and Non-CAT exams.
- More than 30 sectional tests for section-wise preparations
- AI-based Test Analytics
- National Percentile Predictor
To know more about the CAT mock test by Hitbullseye, visit their official website.